Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Inspiration comes and goes

I was just talking with a fellow designer, about a book that a read a few years ago "Rocket Surgery Made Easy" by Steve Krug.
That book for me changed everything. Not because it had information I didn't know, or because it gave me a piece of knowledge that was obscure and hidden, but because it inspired me. Steve Krug spoke to me in such a simple and effortless way about usability and user observation that for me that translated into pure inspiration. After reading that book I came out decided to change the way we were doing things in my team, decided to orient our practice into more simple and result driven way of doing things.
That book ment a lot for me, it inspired me to change.
After that first impulse, and after the first round of not that successful results, inspiration went away, and that is when decision took place. We have decided to change, We made a decision to change, and everything was oriented to that, our every action was in that direction. So, when inspiration left the room, all we had were decisions, and that kept us in the track.

Inspiration comes and goes, and the best thing we can do is to make sure than when inspiration leaves, we have a good set of decisions in the right place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment