Thursday, February 19, 2015

The power of layout

There is just a beautiful sound and taste to the organization of information.
In the past few years, my job has become more about presenting information than designing interphases. I find my self designing presentations and making decisions on what to show, what not to show and how to show it.
At the beginning I thought it was a boring task, and I didn't see the point. Now I think it's a tremendous creative challenge. To create the right script, for the right audience, to communicate the right thing in the right proportion with the right layout, it's... complicated to say the least.
And I love it, now I love it, and I get a kick out of every presentation I have to create.
I think it's the "communication" side of it, to be able to consolidate a thought into one screen that is readable and clear.... that is exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment